JENA/Germany, LONDON/UK, 13/09/2014.
The Essential Line from ZEISS includes not only proven slit lamps with imaging functions, but also products for objective refraction (VISUREF, VISULENS and iProfiler), an applanation tonometer and the VISUPLAN® non-contact tonometer. New in the offering are the VISUPHOR® 500 digital phoropter and the VISUSCREEN® 100/ 500 acuity charts for use in subjective refraction. The portable VISUSCOUT® 100 fundus camera is now available for retinal examinations. With this complete offering, the Essential Line assists customers in achieving optimal measuring results and enhancing their workflows.
"Basic diagnostics is particularly important in the ophthalmologist's practice. The very first examination of a new patient lays the foundation for the subsequent success of the therapy. Therefore, we wish to provide doctors with diagnostic solutions that deliver all important examination results reliably and efficiently," says Dr. Ludwin Monz, CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. He also highlighted the outstanding ease of use and modularity of the systems.
Ophthalmologists and optometrists can start with a single device and then gradually supplement it with additional equipment to create a complete workplace. "We see ourselves as a solution provider in ophthalmology and wish to round off our offering for customers with the Essential Line," says Ludwin Monz. To guarantee smooth workflows, the devices of the Essential Line can be combined with each other and with already existing systems in the practice via common practice management systems (Electronic Medical Record, EMR).
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE 0005313704), which is listed on TecDAX of the German stock exchange, is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The Company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. It provides complete packages of solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases - including implants and consumable materials. The company creates innovative visualisation solutions in the field of microsurgery. The medical technology portfolio of Carl Zeiss Meditec is rounded off by promising, future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In financial year 2012/2013 (ended 30 September) the Group's more than 2,500 employees generated revenue of almost € 906 million.
The head office of Carl Zeiss Meditec is in Jena, Germany. The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Research and Development (CARIn) in Bangalore, India and the Carl Zeiss Innovations Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, strengthen the presence in these rapidly developing economies. Around 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining approx. 65 percent are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries.
Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.