ZEISS cleaning for lenses and screens
Gentle and through cleaning for your on the go lifestyle.
Modern lens coatings already make lens care easier by repelling dirt, but no eyeglass wearer can get around cleaning their glasses from time to time. We offer many different lens cleaning solutions for your eyeglasses that are easy to use and gentle on your lenses. ZEISS pre-moistened lens cleaning wipes are perfect to quickly wipe your lenses, and our ZEISS lens cleaning spray with a ZEISS microfibre cloth lets you clean your lenses efficiently without leaving any residue.
Convenient and effective cleaning. Perfect for a fast paced lifestyle.
Using your sleeve, tie or a tissue might be handy, but these aren't ideally suitable for cleaning your lenses and could risk scratching your lenses. ZEISS Lens Wipes are gentle on your lenses, ensure streak-free results and are just as quick as your sleeve. The soft microfine tissue is pre-moistened with a unique combination of cleaning agents, ensuring that your lenses aren't subjected to any of the aggressive substances contained in many lens cleaners. Good for you – and for your glasses.
Alcohol-free lens wipes
- ZEISS Lens Wipes have been specifically developed for the gentle and effective cleaning of glass and plastic lenses, and are particularly effective for high quality, coated precision lenses.
- Our wipes have been awarded the COLTS (an independent laboratory) seal, which shows that they clean gently, effectively and safely.
- The pre-moistened wipes easily remove smudges, dirt, germs, fingerprints, dust and oil.
- The gentle, alcohol-free formulation leaves lenses free of streaks and residue.
- Dries in seconds for quick and effective results.
- The wipes are individually wrapped, making them ideal for use on-the-go or at home.
- The soft microfine tissues are made using natural cellulose. This means they are biodegradable and they contain no plastic microbeads.
How to clean your glasses with ZEISS Lens Wipes
- Open a sachet of ZEISS Lens Wipes and remove the folded wipe.
- Hold the glasses gently by the frame.
- Using the folded wipe, gently wipe away any surface dust from the lens and frame.
- Next unfold the wipe and begin to clean the lens with circular movements until it’s clean.
Cleaning your glasses with a spray.
Cleaning eyeglass lenses has never been easier, thanks to the ZEISS Microfibre Cloth and specially-designed ZEISS Lens Spray. The cloth can be used on its own to dry clean lenses; or it can be used together with ZEISS Lens Spray for deeper cleaning.
ZEISS Lens Spray
- A professional solution for safely and quickly cleaning all lenses.
- Specially formulated to gently dissolve grease and lift off dirt to leave a streak-free finish
- Designed for use on all glass and plastic eyeglass lenses (particularly high-quality, coated lenses)
- For best results use in combination with a clean microfibre cloth.
How to clean your glasses with ZEISS Lens Spray
- Hold your glasses gently by the frame.
- Spray the surface of your lenses with ZEISS Lens Spray.
- Using a microfibre cloth, gently wipe away any surface dust from the lens and frame.
- Continue using circular motions to rub the lenses until clean.
AntiFOG Kit for glasses.
Foggy glasses can become a real irritation, especially for those who wear glasses for long hours on end. It becomes especially difficult to see when you play sports, have a hot drink, or cook. ZEISS AntiFOG Kit is a convenient solution for glasses that can keep your lenses fog free for up to 72 hours. This means clearer, more comfortable vision, even when you have to wear a face mask.
- Prevents fogging and misting of eyeglasses, sunglasses, goggles and camera lenses.
- The combination of ZEISS AntiFOG spray applied with the ZEISS AntiFOG Cloth can make your lenses stay fog-free for up to 72 hours without affecting visual quality.
- ZEISS AntiFOG spray and ZEISS AntiFog Cloth leaves behind a thin film (comparable with a temporary additional coating) on the lenses. This ensures that fine, condensed water droplets cannot adhere to the lens surface.
- Thanks to the specially developed cloth, this process is quick, gentle and does not damage the lens coating.
- This product can be used with coated snow goggles, sunglasses, helmet visors, ski, swimming and diving goggles as well as with lenses for computer glasses, protective eyewear and camera lenses.
How to use the AntiFOG Kit
- In order to ensure that ZEISS AntiFOG works optimally, the lenses should first be cleaned using ZEISS Lens Wipes or Lens Spray to remove any dust or dirt from the lenses.
- When completely dry, spray both sides of the lens with the AntiFOG Spray.
- Next rub the lenses with the AntiFOG Cloth evenly and generously on both sides until the surface is completely dry.
- Apply a new coat of AntiFOG as required to ensure optimal performance.
How to use the AntiFOG kit?
How to disinfect glasses
COVID-19 has made us more aware of how important good hygiene is. A good cleaning routine should include regularly disinfecting your glasses, especially after you’ve visited a public space.
Frequently asked questions about cleaning glasses
Find out everything you need to know about cleaning and disinfecting your glasses.
What are the ingredients in ZEISS Lens Wipes?
ZEISS Lens Wipes contain a specific combination of ingredients that includes Isopropanol (IPA) which is also used in cleaning of medical instruments. ZEISS Lens Wipes contain specific surfactants for gentle and effective cleaning of optical surfaces.
What are the ingredients in ZEISS Cleaning Sprays?
ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray contains specific surfactants for gentle and effective cleaning of all optical surfaces.
How do I clean myeyeglass lenses or optical surfaces with ZEISS Lens Wipes?
Instructions are included on all wipe packaging, but they are quick and easy to use. First, lightly brush away dust and dirt with the folded wipe and then unfold the wipe and clean the surface using circular movements. After around ten seconds, the surface should be clean and dry.
Where can I buy ZEISS Wipes?
Please find the closest ZEISS Dealer in your area by visiting: https://www.zeiss.ca/vision-care/en/search/find-an-eye-doctor-near-you.html and ask if they sell our ZEISS Lens Wipes.
Can ZEISS Lens Wipes or ZEISS Lens Cleaning Spray be used to clean contact lenses?
No, under no circumstances should these be used for contact lenses. Please refer to your contact lens manufacturer’s guidelines for more information on contact lens cleaning.
Do ZEISS Lens Wipes have anti-fog or anti-static properties?
No, ZEISS Lens Wipes doesn’t have anti-fog or anti-static properties. Our DuraVision Coatings offer these features and we have an AntiFOG Kit which is designed to prevent fogging on lenses for up to 3 days.
How does ZEISS AntiFOG spray work?
For best results when using ZEISS AntiFOG, the lenses should first be cleaned by using ZEISS Lens Wipes or Lens Spray to remove any dust or dirt from the lenses. Once the lenses are completely dry, spray both sides of the lens with the AntiFOG Spray. Next, rub the lenses with the AntiFOG cloth evenly and generously on both sides until the surface is completely dry. The thin layer of coating should last for up to 72 hours. You should repeat this application process as the effects begin to reduce with time.
Can I use any cloth with the ZEISS AntiFOG Spray?
The special AntiFOG Cloth contained in our AntiFOG Kit is pre-treated with ingredients which work together with the spray to apply the required coating to your lenses. Using a standard microfibre cloth in conjunction with the AntiFOG Spray will not achieve the same results.
Can ZEISS Wipes or ZEISS Sprays be used to clean CDs and DVDs?
ZEISS Wipes and Sprays have not been tested on CDs and DVDs as they are designed for optical surfaces only. We do not recommend cleaning of these items with ZEISS Wipes or ZEISS Cleaning Sprays.
Are ZEISS Lens Wipes safe to use on my anti-reflective coated eyeglasses lenses?
Yes, they are particularly effective in cleaning anti-reflective coated spectacle lenses. ZEISS Lens Wipes are suitable for all spectacles, particularly high-quality, coated precision lenses.
Can I re-use ZEISS Wipes after opening?
No, each wipe has been designed for a single cleaning application while it is moist. This ensures that no grit is transferred from one cleaning cycle to the next. Reusable cleaning cloths have been found to retain small abrasive particles that can create minute scratches on your lens/digital devices.
Are ZEISS Lens Wipes safe to use on other optical surfaces e.g. computer screens, mobile phones, iPads, cameras, Plasma TVs, and LCD TVs?
ZEISS Lens Wipes are suitable for camera lenses as well as eyeglasses lenses. Please follow the cleaning instruction for your tablets, smartphones and TVs.
My digital device manufacturer recommends cleaning with an alcohol wipe, can I use ZEISS wipes?
For all digital devices you should check your manufacturer’s guidelines on suitable cleaning methods and clean accordingly. If an alcohol-based cleaning wipe is recommended, then ZEISS Lens Wipes can be used if used in accordance with the device cleaning instructions.
How should I store my ZEISS Lens Wipes?
You should store the wipes in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight or heat.
5 Tips for Cleaning your Lenses
1. Don't just reach for your tissue, tie or sleeve to clean your glasses – you're not doing your lenses any favours. Proper lens care increases the longevity of your lenses and ensures better vision. Even when you're on the go, make sure you use cleaning products from trusted experts in the optical industry.
2. Don't wash microfibre cloths in water warmer than 104° F and don't add fabric softener – otherwise the cloth will leave streaks the next time you clean your glasses.
3. Scratches can't be wiped away, no matter if you have plastic or glass lenses. In this case, prevention is key because scratched lenses should be replaced immediately. Even if the defect only appears to be cosmetic, light disperses through the tiny scratch, impairing your vision. That's why it's important to clean your lenses with a special microfibre cloth or lens wipe.
4. Your glasses need a home! Store them in a hard case whenever you're not wearing them. If you don't have a case with you, make sure you put them in a safe spot with the lenses facing upwards.
5. Glasses don't like extremely high or extremely low temperatures. The heat generated in a car on a hot summer day, for instance, is something to be avoided. The same holds true for the sauna or the heater at home. Don't subject your glasses to extreme temperatures more than is necessary.