PhotoFusion® X is not just a product update. We have re-envisioned photochromics using new lens material, faster dye compounds, and a speed-optimised carrier matrix.
- Unique blue light and full UV protection – outside and indoors
- Up to 2.5 x faster fade-back indoors1
- Sunglass-level darkness outdoors
ZEISS PhotoFusion X Lenses are available in many different colours and multiple indexes, and come standard in ZEISS BlueGuard lens material.
- Available with any ZEISS DuraVision coating in Rx.
- Available with ZEISS DuraVision Flash mirrors in Rx.
- Available in five colours in Rx.
Changing environmental light conditions challenge the human eye. When moving from indoors to outdoors, illuminance can be up to 100 times higher outside, which can lead to discomfort glare.
Swopping clear glasses for sunglasses can be a hassle. On top of that, sunglasses are not always at hand – less than 22% of consumers actually wear their sunglasses when they need them.2
Internet searches for “blue block glasses” are soaring and 8 out of 10 lens wearers are saying that it is important to protect their eyes from blue light – especially indoors.3
There’s an increasing demand for photochromic lenses due to today’s on-the-go lifestyle, and the rising number of 45+ year old progressive lens as well as young lens wearers. Customers want an all-day, all-light solution for daily wear.
Your customers want their lenses to be as clear as possible in dim, indoor conditions, but they also need protection from irritating glare and harmful UV radiation when they are outside.
Fade-back to clear is the key technical reason not to buy photochromic sunglasses, and it’s also a point of concern for those who already use photochromic glasses.4
Because our lives have become more digital, there’s a big increase in the awareness of blue light and its impact on perceived digital eye strain among people of all ages.
Choice and individual appearance remains a big priority for most consumers, especially younger lens wearers.
ZEISS PhotoFusion has been the preferred choice of many eye care professionals for their reaction speed. Now, in light of the growing demand, ZEISS set out to take light-reactive lenses to a whole new level with ZEISS PhotoFusion X.
ZEISS PhotoFusion X is not merely a product update. It is photochromics re-envisioned, a product reinvented. It is performance perfected – designed to accelerate your business.
- Clears up to 2.5 x faster than a well-known photochromic brand‘s latest generation.1
- Clears up to 80% faster than before.6
- Darkens up to 60% faster than before.7
- As dark as or darker outdoors than before.8
- All ZEISS PhotoFusion X colours are fully clear indoors with up to 94% transmission.
- Now with ZEISS BlueGuard lens material.
- Blocks up to 50% potentially harmful blue light indoors and up to 94% outdoors when fully tinted.9
- Full UV protection up to 400 nm at all times – indoors and outdoors, clear or dark.
- ZEISS PhotoFusion X grey is now a more neutral tone while the new warmer brown also tints darker than before.
- ZEISS DuraVision Flash mirrors can be added to all colours to create a unique look for the more adventurous.
of consumers find PhotoFusion® X faster in lighting than the previous generation of PhotoFusion.10
of consumers agree that PhotoFusion® X Lenses in their darkened state are dark enough as sun protection lenses.10
of consumers agree that ZEISS PhotoFusion X Lenses in their light state are light enough as self-tinting lenses for everyday use.10
of consumers find PhotoFusion® X faster in lighting than a well-known photochromic brand’s latest generation.10
of consumers prefer ZEISS PhotoFusion X Grey over a well-known photochromic brand‘s latest generation grey.10
of consumers would wear PhotoFusion® X as sun protection lenses.10
of consumers agree they can combine it with all their clothing and 94 % say it is appropriate for everyday situations.10
of consumers agree that the darkened ZEISS PhotoFusion X Grey Lenses meet their expectation of a colour-neutral grey tone.10
The ZEISS BlueGuard lens material already blocks 40 % of potentially harmful blue light. With the added photochromic treatment, this increases up to 50 % indoors and up to 94 % outdoors when fully tinted.9 It also provides full protection against UV radiation all the time.
The new speed-optimised carrier matrix gives the molecules more freedom to quickly fold or unfold at their maximum level of performance and still remain robust enough to deliver the toughness and durability expected from a premium lens material.
New improved, faster dye compounds (each less than 0.3 mm in diameter), need very little light energy to react.
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.