Progressive addition lenses have been developed and successfully tested for myopia management in the last 20 years based on the assumption that alleviating children's intense near vision tasks can be beneficial for managing myopia progression. 4 ZEISS MyoKids lenses are new and innovative progressive addition lenses specially designed for children's needs.
- ZEISS MyoKids Design
Applies the principles of Accommodative Lag Management and provides optimum control of the accommodative lag during near vision tasks1 while still providing clear and comfortable vision at all distances.2 The reduction of accommodative lag is known to result in a potential reduction of myopia progression.3
- ZEISS Digital Inside Technology
The lens is optimized for children’s modern lifestyle, providing ergonomic support for near vision tasks and the digital lives of today’s children.
- ZEISS AgeFit Junior Technology
Specially designed for children – the freeform optical design is optimized for myopic children (position of wear and anatomy).
- Specially designed for children's anatomy and lifestyle
- Specific design with the goal of reducing myopia progression1
- Supports near vision tasks and the digital lives of today's children
- The new design can reduce the lag of accommodation up to 30 % better than traditional progressive lenses1 (known to potentially result in a reduction of myopia progression).
- The high negative gradient of refracting power surrounding the near zone provides children with a better stimulus that leads to a lower lag of accommodation and facilitates a natural posture during near vision tasks1.
- Different addition powers are available for fine-tuning near vision support and binocular vision.
- The most innovative myopia management progressive addition design on the market, resulting in greater reduction of accommodative lag, depending on the object distance1.
- Most children between the ages of 6 and 12 use digital devices on a daily basis.9
- With Digital Inside Technology, the lens is optimized for children’s modern lifestyle
- Provides ergonomic support for near vision tasks
- Supports the digital lives of today’s children
- The freeform optical design is optimized for myopic children
- Ensures the optics are optimized for the up-to-date standard position of wear and frame data for children 6-12 years old. All of the age-specific parameters in the lens design (e.g. the standard fitting parameters for children like PD, BVD, pantoscopic and wrap angle, and the cornea to centre of eye rotation distance) are taken into account to optimize the optical performance for growing children’s eyes
- Specially designed for children, giving full consideration to their anatomical needs
Children are supposed to play outside and exercise on a regular basis. UV protection is therefore essential to protect their eyes against harmful UV radiation. ZEISS UVProtect Technology includes full UV protection in clear lenses.
Children are very active and dynamic while running, playing and moving quickly between indoors and outdoors. Being able to switch easily for greater light protection is therefore important. For a dynamic lifestyle, we recommend ZEISS PhotoFusion, one of the fastest self-tinting lenses on the market.
Today, children are growing up in a digital world. They play and learn with digital devices from an early age (smartphones, video games, TV). Protecting their eyes against blue light emitted from digital devices is therefore important. ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect is our lens coating for a digital life.
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.